If you live in California and love your Foie, then you should rush to this “All Foie Gras Menu” at Melisse Restaurant. Chef/ Owner Josiah Citrin, is at the forefront of this coveted Zagat number one rated restaurant in Los Angeles since 2003. Mélisse is as well the recipient of two Michelin Star. Check out the menu below.
- FOIE FOR ALL MENU $185
- Foie Gras Cromesquis
- Foie Gras Royale
- Blackberry Gelee, Caramelized Buttermilk Mousse
- Terrine of Foie Gras
- Seasonal Flavors and Toasted Whey Bread
- Truffled Foie Gras Agnolotti
- Crisp Chicken Oyster, Summer Vegetables, Toasted Pistachio Consomme
- True Day Boat Scallop “Rossini”
- Foie Gras and Dover Sole
- Sweet Corn Pudding, Chanterelle Mushrooms, Brown Butter
- Liberty Duck Breast
- Cured and Whipped Foie Gras, Peaches, Hawaiian Heart of Palm, Toasted Macadamia
- And of Course, Something Sweet with Foie
Foie Gras will be banned from California After July 1st. In California, a ban was signed into law in 2004 by former Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger; it forbids the in-state sale and production of products derived from force-fed birds. Restaurateurs and Sonoma Foie Gras, the only producer in California, were given eight years — until July 1, 2012 — to adapt. Starting next week, violators face a potential fine of as much as $1,000 a day.